Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What am I doing?

Welcome to my blog where I will be updating my adventures volunteering with VOICA over the next 2 years. VOICA is a volunteer program for lay people run by the Canossian Daughters of Charity in Rome. They have many sites throughout the world where volunteers and sisters work to improve education and health care.

The volunteer experience begins with a formation session at the VOICA house in Rome. I will be in Rome until early December learning all manner of things about the sisters, volunteering, living in community, and of course, brushing up on my French (which needs a lot of brushing up, if I do say so myself). In December, I will move onto my site in Aru, Democratic Rebupblic of the Congo where I will be for 2 full years. Look for me back in Denver in December 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment